HUMlab has been invited to participate in the Day of the Media Labs in Amsterdam on Tuesday and Wednesday this coming week. There is a closed session with about 15 media labs on Tuesday: Collaborative Innovation: Redefining the Media Lab and the Community.
Tuesday September 25th 2007 in collaboration with PICNIC, Media Guild organises ‘The day of the Media Labs’ (Part 1) where a selected group of Media Labs from around the world will discuss the future of the Media Labs in relation to Media Innovation, Research, Social and Cultural Application, and Regional Development.
The aim is to explore the perceived role of “media-lab” type institutes, their current creative work, and potential collaboration formats. We will discuss such aspects as:
– Understanding/Use of the term “media lab”. Present relevance
– Methodologies for innovation / creativity applied across disciplines and cultures
– Changing cultural, social and economic role,
– Public/private, project-oriented funding
– Long-term/short-term research and development models
– Local/global community relationship
On Wednesday there is an open session.
And yes. I also plan to participate in the Creative Tour – a boat trip through Amsterdam’s old docklands and canals.
This tour will provide the guests with a lively impression of Amsterdam as an international cross media hub. Introducing the most creative companies in the cross media industry on-site and on-location, including a visit to the Waag and Pakhuis de Zwijger. The tour will be combined with a market and presentations from incubators all from the database of Sytens and Media Guild.